Dear Applicants, Travel Agents and Representatives, please view the revised visa fee and service charges:
|Visa Fees in CNY
|BLS International Service charge
- The above mentioned Visa Fee is to be paid only by cash.
- The fee is non-refundable
- The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice
Study Visa for Beijing - Checklist
Who should apply?
Visa for stays exceeding 90 days for studies, training, internships or voluntary work. This visa may also be issued for stays for au pairs and for conversation class assistants.
Study stays of less than 90 days do not require a study visa. Depending on the applicant's nationality, a short-stay visa may be required (see “Schengen visas").
The following family members may obtain a visa to accompany the student:
- The spouse or unmarried partner.
- Children who are minors or who have a disability.
Visas for students' family members do not constitute work permits.
Activities for which a study visa may be obtained
- Full-time studies at an authorized school that will lead to the obtainment of a degree or certificate of studies.
- Doctorate studies.
- Training activities.
- Student mobility programmes at compulsory and/or non-compulsory secondary education level at an officially recognized teaching or scientific centre.
- Training placements at public or private bodies or entities that cannot be covered by internship visas (see “Internship visa").
- Volunteer services in the framework of programmes pursuing public interest goals.
- Au pair programmes.
- Conversation class assistants.
Required documents for the student
- National visa application form. Each applicant must complete and sign a visa application, filling in each of its sections. If the applicant is a minor, one of their parents or a duly accredited representative must sign the application.
- Photograph. A recent, passport-size, colour photograph, taken against a light background, facing forward, without dark or reflective glasses, or any garments concealing the oval of the face.
- Valid, unexpired passport. Original and a photocopy of the page or pages of the passport that contain biometric data. The passport must be valid at least for the duration of the planned stay and contain two blank pages. Passports issued more than 10 years ago will not be accepted.
- Proof of acceptance for the study, training or volunteer activity or internship. Original and a copy of the document proving:
- Acceptance at an authorized teaching centre to carry out a full-time study programme.
- Acceptance at a research or training centre.
- Acceptance into a student mobility programme (in this case, the applicant must also provide proof of acceptance at a study centre, of having found accommodation with a family or at an institution, and the commitment of the organizer of the programme to bear the costs).
- Acceptance for a non-remunerated internship on the basis of a signed agreement.
- An agreement with the organization responsible for the volunteer programme.
- Proof of financial means. Original and a copy of the documents proving that the applicant (or their legal representative or the family member supporting them) has sufficient financial means to cover the expenses of the student's stay and return, as well as the stay and return of the family members accompanying them. The minimum required amount is equivalent to 100% of Spain's Public Multiple Effects Income Indicator (IPREM). To this amount must be added 75% of the IPREM for the first family member and 50% of the IPREM for each additional family member. If proof is provided that accommodation for the entire stay has been paid for in advance, this amount will be deducted. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
- Health insurance. Original and a copy of the certificate accrediting the public or private health insurance contracted with an insurance entity authorized to operate in Spain. The insurance policy must cover all the risks insured by Spain's public health system.
If the applicant is participating in a volunteer programme, in addition to the medical insurance, they must provide a copy of the civil liability insurance policy taken out by the organization.
- Criminal record check certificate. Applicants of legal age who apply for a visa for a stay of more than 180 days must submit the original and a copy of the criminal record check certificate(s) issued by their country or countries of residence for the past 5 years. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
- Medical certificate. Applicants requiring a visa for a stay of more than 180 days must submit the original and a copy of a medical certificate accrediting that they do not suffer from any disease that could cause serious repercussions for public health pursuant to the 2005 International Health Regulations. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
- Proof of residence in the consular district. The applicant must provide proof of their legal residence in the consular district or that they are attending classes, in person, in the consular district.
- Proof of the representative's identity and capacity. If the applicant is a minor, it will be necessary to submit copies of the identity document or passport of one of their parents, as well as of the document constituting proof of kinship. The originals must be shown when submitting the application. If the visa application is submitted through a representative, a copy of the identity document or passport of the representative and of the power of attorney or document accrediting representation must be submitted. The originals must be shown when submitting the application. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
- Authorization of legal representatives. If the applicant is a minor, it will be necessary to provide the original and a copy of the parents' or guardians' authorization of the minor's temporary relocation to Spain, certified by a notary, which must also name the individual who will be responsible for the minor in Spain. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
- Payment of the visa fee. The visa fee is of an amount equivalent to 80 euros. For foreigners BLS need to contact respective consulate for the fees.
Payment of the visa fee. The visa fee is of an amount equivalent to 80 euros. For foreigners BLS need to contact respective consulate for the fees.
For each family member accompanying the student, the following must be submitted:
- The documents listed above as 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12. Where applicable, 10 must also be provided.
Moreover, the certificates proving kinship with the student (marriage certificate, unmarried couple certificate, or birth certificate, as applicable) must be provided. Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
When necessary to assess the application, the Consular Office may request additional documents or data and may also ask the applicant to come in for a personal interview.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself, which should not have been used previously in the passport. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background]
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre..